SCOTUS recently vacated former Virginia Governor’s conviction for corruption.
Does this mean domestic corruption is a thing of the past – are corporations free to wine and dine government officials now?
Can you hire the federal government employee who just awarded you a contract?
Probably not but find out the details July 20th at 3:00 PM ET at the Clear Law Institute Avoiding Domestic Corruption Problems CLE which will answer these questions along with covering key U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding:
- Gifts, meals, and entertainment
- Campaign finance
- Conflicts of interest and procurement
And which will discuss:
- Practical steps to comply with those laws and regulations
- How to develop training, policies and procedures
- Managing these risks through contract terms and conditions
- Identifying contract terms and conditions that may be overbroad or ineffective in mitigating corruption risks