Cassidy Law is seeking an attorney with experience in providing tactical and strategic legal counsel to business clients on complex issues related to federal government contracting, national security, trade, export and anti-corruption to include defending businesses in criminal, civil or regulatory prosecutions as well as in government audits, investigations and disputes with the government. The position requires a lawyer who is interested in working with business clients to further the client’s strategic objectives through practical legal counsel; and passionate enough about the law to monitor legal, regulatory and enforcement trends to proactively counsel clients on emerging legal risks Given the entrepreneurial nature of the firm, the position also includes duties related to the business of the firm such as developing thought leadership materials; assisting in planning firm events; and improving firm procedures to facilitate and sustain the firm’s growth.
The Law Firm
Cassidy Law works with corporate clients to identify and tackle their legal issues which are integrated with the client’s business imperatives in the areas of federal contracting laws, ethics laws, export laws and business crimes such as corruption and procurement fraud. The has long-lasting client relationships based on candor, competence, empathy and integrity even when the client has faced a bet the company, high profile matter.
The firm advises clients on developing and improving ethics and compliance programs; corporate transactions such as joint ventures, teaming agreements and subcontracts related to federal government contracting; and working with third parties. The firm also conducts risk assessments and internal investigations for clients; and represents clients in responding to government subpoenas, suspension and debarment notices, civil and criminal government investigations, audits and prosecutions. Cassidy Law has an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities to work remotely, to have flexible hours and to dress casually. The firm is active in the legal community and supports career development with opportunities for networking, writing and speaking.
- Curious, self-reliant, and resourceful
- Demonstrated good judgment, clear and analytical thinking
- Experience managing several projects and driving projects to completion
- Ability to communicate creatively in a clear, logical and focused manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that result in strong relationships built on trust
- Ability to move easily from strategic thinking to detailed analysis
- 2-4 years of experience:
- Advising clients on federal government contracting laws and regulations
- Advising clients on national security laws such as CFIUS, FOCI and the NISPOM
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, joint venture agreements to include intellectual property terms and conditions
- Representing businesses in government investigations, prosecutions, audits and disputes with the government
- Developing policies, procedures, guidance, tools, training, to aid clients in complying with laws
- Identifying legal risks and providing counsel to mitigate the risks and resolve the issue, rather than just identify problems
- Knowledge of and capability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Dropbox; Outlook and other software tools
- A passion for the law and in representing corporate clients
- An interest in learning about corporate ethics and compliance
- Strong academic background
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Juris Doctorate from U.S. accredited law school
- Admitted and in good standing to the D.C., Maryland or Virginia Bar
The Application Process
If interested, please submit an email with your name in the subject line to [email protected] and include:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for working in a small law firm and why you are interested in representing businesses;
- Your law school transcripts;
- Your resume;
- Two writing samples.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
This position description reflects general details considered necessary to the essential functions of the position and is not a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent in the job. Not all job duties listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet the firm’s need.