KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
To effectively lead an organization, management must have actionable insight into their business operations and employee actions. Necessitated by government investigations, whistleblower actions, employee concerns, customer complaints, disputes with business partners, or internal audit findings, an internal investigation can provide clarity and mitigate risk.
Likewise, when your business or its employees are facing a government investigation, a government subpoena, audit or request for information, you need objective and knowledgeable insight on the government’s investigative process. You also need counsel to advocate for your position, protect your interests, and assure the government adheres to the law while conducting the investigation and in any prosecution.
Internal and government investigations are sensitive and complex. Under attorney-client privilege, Cassidy Law can:
- Provide independent, objective insight into the scope of the problem
- Develop and document an investigative plan
- Craft and pose appropriate questions that elicit key information
- Provide a straightforward assessment of the potential outcome of the matter
- Identify the laws at issue as a result of the conduct
- Make practical recommendations on executing next steps
- Interact with government regulators, prosecutors and investigators
- Help clients manage the side effects of a government investigation (e.g., leadership crises, media attention, client and other business relationships at risk, etc.)
- Defend organizations, their leaders and employees in government investigations and prosecutions
Cassidy Law understands the demands an investigation, whether an internal or government investigation, places on employees, costs, and time so it designs investigative strategies that are efficient, directed, deliberate and thorough.
Cassidy Law has conducted internal investigations and represented clients in government investigations on bribery, corruption, FCPA, False Claims Act, fraud, international trade violations, financial management, and conflicts of interest.
If you need advice on whether an investigation is necessary, if you have concluded that an investigation is necessary, or if your business is under investigation; charged with a crime; has been subpoenaed; has been subject to a search warrant or government audit call or email Cassidy Law for assistance.